20 October 2010 – 27 October 2010 (weekend excluded) (5-day option also available)
Conrad Centennial Hotel, Singapore
**Please register early – previous courses have been fully booked up to 8 weeks before the start date**
Train for BPS Level A and B Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing in Singapore with the company that won an international quality award in 2010; the company which brought regular BPS Certification training to Singapore; and the company which uses a British Psychological Society Award-Winning Dr. of Psychology to facilitate the course!
This intensive professional course provides training in psychometric assessment in the workplace, leading to the fulfilment of requirements for the British Psychological Society Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing – BPS Levels A & B. After successful completion of the course, delegates are qualified to order, administer, score, interpret and feedback on a complete range of ability, aptitude and personality questionnaires. They will also be able to apply for the British Psychological Society’s Certificates which means the holder will be recognised internationally as having trained to the highest levels in the practical application of psychometric tests.
PsyAsia International is renowned by Human Resource professionals and organisational psychologists throughout Asia for being the leader in psychometric training in the region. Whilst many overuse the term “leader”, PsyAsia demonstrates their position with tangibles. Recent innovations include moving of training to online mediums, blended learning for the BPS Level A and B and an online learning centre where delegates get immediate access to forums, chat with other delegates, virtual receptions with the facilitator and other course members, downloads of recorded training and more.
20-22 October 2010: Level A
25-27 October 2010: Level B
Delegates may also opt to attend online training over 3 evenings instead of attending on 20 October, reducing total time away from the office to 5 days. Furthermore, delegates may choose to undertake Level A in October and place Level B on hold until Q1 of 2011 for no additional fee.
Key Learning Objectives for Level A
Delegates will be able to:
• Register with all UK and many international test publishers to purchase tests and know what to look for and avoid in Singapore. With many poorly developed tests and non-psychologist distributors in Singapore this is crucial!
• Understand the range and types of psychometric tests available.
• Know when to use tests, and importantly – when not to.
• Decide which tests are appropriate for a particular situation, be it selection, development, coaching or team-building.
• Conduct a job analysis and identify the assessment requirements.
• Have an appreciation of other assessment methods such as assessment centres or behavioural interviews.
• Administer, score and interpret aptitude tests.
• Make informed decisions using psychometric test results.
• Provide quality feedback to clients and candidates.
• Integrate tests into a wider recruitment or assessment process.
• Have a sound grasp of statistical concepts used in testing.
• Appreciate the importance of test reliability and validity and be able to assess it.
Key Learning Objectives for Level B
Delegates will be able to:
• Increase their awareness and understanding of individual differences between people.
• Integrate the use of personality assessments into selection and development activities.
• Decide which questionnaires are appropriate for particular situations.
• Administer, score and interpret personality data.
• Provide professional selection feedback to both candidates and recruiting customers.
• Coach individuals to develop using personality information.
• Use personality questionnaire information to support structured interviewing.
• Critically assess the value of different tools for specific purposes.
• Identify and reject inflated claims of validity – so-called ‘Barnum’ or ‘horoscope’ effects.
• Relate personality factors to organisations’ core competencies.
• Design and write selection reports for recruiting clients / managers.
• Design and write development reports to aid self-awareness of clients / managers.
• Maintain appropriate records and data for audit, research and feedback purposes.
• Demonstrate professional Best Practice and compliance with employment legislation.
See the course webpage for a full day-by-day syllabus.
At the current time it is up to individual course providers to decide how to assess their delegates; some may use exams whilst others use workbooks and other assessments. At the current time, there is no exam requirement for our Level A and B training in Singapore; we find that our delegates prefer this. Instead we assess via a workbook and practical exercises.
This course is facilitated by PsyAsia International’s resident director, Dr. Graham Tyler. Dr. Tyler is well known in Asia for his expertise and work in psychometrics. His PhD was by way of a double-scholarship award from the Australian Government and focussed on psychometric assessment, personality and performance at work in Asia. Dr. Tyler is a fully Registered Organisational Psychologist, a Chartered Scientist, a consultant/trainer to numerous Singapore Government departments and Fortune 500 companies and a university lecturer. He is a published author in Singapore-based publications (Straits Times, Human Capital Plus, Human Resources) and peer-reviewed journals such as the International Journal of Selection and Assessment, the BPS Selection and Development Review and The Occupational Psychologist. He is a reviewer for scientific journals and conferences and a supervisor for Intern Psychologists on behalf of Australian and local Universities. Dr. Tyler was the first to bring regular training leading to the British Psychological Society’s Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing to Singapore in 2002 having introduced them to Dubai prior to that. His work with Psychometric Tests has received recognition from the British Psychological Society with an award for Scientific Contribution to Psychology. Plentiful delegate reviews of Dr. Tyler’s training can be seen at the course webpage.
The course facilitator and our psychologist consultants are based locally, this means that we can blend the BPS syllabus with knowledge and experience of local laws, culture and practices and that even when the course ends expert psychologists will be nearby to offer ongoing support. Given that we are not a training reseller, we don’t need to ship in overseas facilitators. As a result, we can be flexible in terms of our course offerings. Delegates can choose which parts of the course to sit and when – no need to attend all 6 days at once! You may attend Level A in October and then Level B in 2011. You can even start out by attending our 2-day Identity Accreditation Course or study our Online Test Administration Course and have those count towards your Level A/B! Finally, because we are local there is no need to send your follow-up work overseas for marking. You can essentially finish Level B as soon as you are ready – and don’t hang around for your results – we guarantee to mark your work within 10 days, although most is marked within 2-3 days of receipt – you can check our online performance review for recent dates!
Furthermore, because we are not a test publisher, our training is unbiased and we introduce many tests (both good and bad) to delegates. In addition to this, for those delegates who wish to study and be accredited in numerous tests, we offer 50% discount off our Saville Consulting Wave® one-day training which follows Level B (60% if you book before 30 July). Of course, we include Identity Questionnaire and Apollo Profile accreditation in the A/B fee as standard for all delegates. That’s not all! In addition to the SG$1200+ of materials we give you on the course (which include an online test system with starter credits), all delegates will receive a 30% discount on any Identity Personality Assessment products purchased within 1 month of their qualification and a 10% discount on all other non-discounted products which we offer. There’s even more, but we’ll save some surprises for the course!
The Psychometric Assessment at Work Course in Singapore
Other Psychometric Training Courses in Singapore from PsyAsia International
Please follow the links at the web pages to register online. For any queries not addressed at the website, kindly call us on 6329 9629 or email us via http://www.psyasia.com/email
Visit the website