PsyAsia Psychometrics Research & PublicationsThe following is a list of PsyAsia's Psychometrics Research Publications.
PsyAsia International Psychometrics Research Published Work
Please note that due to copyright restrictions, links to some of the articles cannot be provided.
- PsyAsia International Pte. Ltd. (2007). Friendliness Test. National Day Supplement: Thursday 9th August 2007. Singapore: Straits Times.
- Tyler, G. (1999)*. Personality, general well-being and post-traumatic stress disorder in the ambulance service. The Occupational Psychologist, Number 37. Leicester, UK: The British Psychological Society.
- Tyler, G. and Leather, P. (1999)*. Personality, general well-being and post-traumatic stress disorder in the ambulance service. Ambulance UK, Volume 14, Number 2. Crayford, UK: Media Publishing Company.
*Awarded British Psychological Society Prize for Scientific Contribution to Occupational Psychology
- Tyler, G. (1999). Reliability and Validity of Psychometric Testing. Management Today: Friday 17th December 1999. Dubai: Gulf News.
- Khan, S. and Tyler. G. (2000). Researchers in Dubai confirm the importance of a formal HR policy. The Occupational Psychologist, 39, 27-32. Leicester, UK: The British Psychological Society.
- Tyler, G. (2003). A Review of the 15FQ+ Personality Questionnaire. Selection and Development Review, 19(2), 7-11. Leicester, UK: The British Psychological Society.
- Tyler, G. (2004). ‘Big 5 test may not fit HK’. Monday 15th March 2004. Hong Kong: The Standard.
- Tyler, G. (2005). Spotlight Section of Chapter 9: Managing Individual Behaviour. In Davidson (2005). Management: Core concepts and skills. Brisbane: McGraw-Hill.
- Tyler, G., Newcombe, P. & Barrett, P. (2005). The Chinese challenge to the Big-5. Selection & Development Review, 21(6), 10-14. Leicester, UK: The British Psychological Society.
- Tyler, G. and Newcombe, P. (2006). Relationship between work performance and personality traits in Hong Kong organizational settings. International Journal of Selection & Assessment, 14, 37-50.
- Tyler, G. (2006). Testing times in Asia. Human Capital Plus. August/September 2006. Singapore: Singapore Human Resources Institute.
- Tyler, G. (2007). How time flies. Hong Kong: RFP (Real Estate Facilities Projects) Magazine. Issue 27, February 2007, pp32-33.
- Tyler, G. (2009). Putting Psychometric Tests Under Scrutiny. Singapore: Human Resources Magazine. November 2009, p35.
- Tyler, G. and Newcombe, P. (2009). White Paper. Personality correlates of work performance in a Chinese/Singaporean sample.
- Tyler, G., Barrett, P, and Newcombe, P. (submitted 2010) The structure of personality in China, the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- Tyler, G. (2011). Getting Psychometrics Right. Hong Kong: HR Guide to Recruitment. pp122-125.
- Tyler, G. (2011). Getting Psychometrics Right. Hong Kong: HR Magazine. Summer 2011. pp26-27.
Articles that our psychometrics research has been quoted in
A technical summary of a major UK ambulance crew study conducted by Tyler (1998) is detailed in the section entitled “Criterion-Related Validity in the UK” (pp.36-38) in the following publication:
- Hogan, R. and Hogan, J. (1999). Hogan Development Survey Manual, UK Edition. Adaptation by Hyde, G., Trickey, G. and Greig, E. Tunbridge Wells, UK: Psychological Consultancy Limited.
- Li, A. (2006). ‘Recruitment tool that plays fair and cool’. Saturday 18th August 2006. Hong Kong: South China Morning Post.
- Onrec (2010). ‘Psychometrics: affordable for everyone”. Issue 1, February. London: Onrec (Global Recruitment Magazine).
- Straits Times (2010). ‘NUS Team: Good boss needs more than testosterone.’ Singapore: Straits Times. 7 April 2010.
Books that our psychometrics research has been quoted in
- Furnam, A. (2008). Personality and Intelligence at Work. New York: Psychology Press.
- Huang, X. & Bond, M. (2012). Handbook of Chinese Organisational Behavior: Integrating Theory, Research and Practice. Northampton: Edward Elgar Pub.
- Landy, F.J. & Conte, J.M. (2012). Work in the 21st Century: An Introduction to Industrial and Organisational Psychology. New Jersey: Wiley.
- Tsui, A. (Ed.) 2009. Professional Practices of Human Resource Management in Hong Kong: Linking HRM to Organisational Success. Hong Kong University Press.
- Wosnitza M., Karabenick S. A., Efklides A.,Nenniger P. (2009). Contemporary Motivation Research: From Global to Local Perspectives. Cambridge, MA: Hogrefe.
Psychometrics Research Conference Presentations
- Tyler, G., Newcombe, P., Barrett, P., & Paltiel, L. (2005). The Chinese challenge to the Big-5. British Psychological Society Test User’s Conference (24th May).