PsyAsia International’s Department of Clinical Neuropsychology offers clinical neuropsychological assessment services in Hong Kong and Singapore and one-on-one online neuropsychological screening assessments, via our e-Health platform.
Clinical Neuropsychologist Singapore & Hong Kong
- Differential diagnosis of neurological deficits (e.g., attention, memory, speed of processing, language, planning & organising, decision-making and other executive problems)
- Differential diagnosis of neurological disorders based on neurocognitive profile in partnership with medical practitioners and integrating patient medical history and brain imaging (e.g., Alzheimer’s dementia, fronto-temporal dementia, semantic dementia, sub-cortical dementias, autoimmune disorders, hydrocephalus, mood disorders)
- Assessment of cognitive strengths and weaknesses and recovery profile following traumatic brain injury, stroke, tumour resection and other neurosurgeries.
- Pre- and post-neurosurgery review neuropsychological assessments.
- Capacity assessments (to assess if a patient has the cognitive capacity to make decisions about their finances, medical treatment or post-discharge accommodation).
- Paediatric Neuropsychological Assessment of current IQ and academic skills in children (for those parents/educators concerned about potential developmental delays or for knowledge of strengths and weaknesses prior to primary and secondary school transition).
- Paediatric Neuropsychological Assessment following acquired brain injury/trauma to assess recovery trajectory and support rehabilitation, psychosocial development and schooling.
- Evidence-based neuropsychological rehabilitation (i.e., attention, memory, speed of processing, executive deficits) following any acquired brain injury and a full neuropsychological assessment.
Referrals for Clinical Neuropsychological Assessment in Singapore & Hong Kong
Referrals may come from the following sources. Kindly ensure that your referral question is clear or call us for assistance. Reports are tailored to the individual client and referral question(s).
- Allied care
- Hospital-based consultants (neurologists, neurosurgeons, rehabilitation consultants etc.)
- At the current time, we do not undertake medico-legal assessments.
Professional care from highly qualified psychologists
Our doctoral level Psychologists have trained in Clinical Neuropsychology at respected universities and have experienced extensive supervision by Psychology Board of Australia approved Clinical Neuropsychology supervisors. They have worked within multidisciplinary teams with occupational, physical and speech therapists, social workers, neurologists, geriatricians, paediatricians and rehabilitation consultants in some of Australia’s most renowned teaching hospitals (e.g., Liverpool Hospital, Sydney and The Children’s Hospital at Westmead). They have worked with patients from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds with these hospitals being at the crossroads of a melting pot of cultures and nationalities and with many assessments requiring translator-assistance.