Identity® Personality AssessmentA Brtish Psychological Society Registered Personality Assessment with exceptional validity evidence using rare 360 degree performance data. Used in selection, development, careers advice & coaching.
The Identity® Personality Assessment
Identity® is a self-perception personality assessment that measures important individual differences between how people prefer to behave at work. It was developed specifically for the world of work and is supported by robust research proving its effectiveness for use in many areas of business and personal development. Identity® is supported by our Psychologists in Hong Kong and Singapore and partners across Asia.
Identity® Personality Assessment Rationale
Developed to be the most comprehensive personality assessment tool, Identity measures 36 Primary Scales – which are specific areas of personality related to the world of work. It is fully validated for making sensitive selection decisions and has been found, through scientific research, to be more predictive of leadership performance than even ability tests or interviews.
Assessing Personality at Work – Predicting Work Performance
When assessing aspects of human beings as complex as personality, it really makes sense to use a tool that measures the many complex facets of personality rather than just a few. The Identity® Personality Assessment does this! In addition, the Identity® Personality Assessment was designed especially to assess aspects of personality relevant in predicting work performance, unlike generic personality tests which have simply been adapted to workplace assessment.
Identity® Personality Assessment Quick Facts
- Designed by Chartered Psychologists with extensive test development experience.
- Normative personality assessment tool.
- Multiple response style indicators prevent distortion.
- 36 aspects of personality assessed under: Interpersonal Style, Thinking Style and Internal Style.
- Comprehensive reports – pay once per candidate and generate unlimited reports.
- Assessed by and registered with the British Psychological Society Psychological Testing Centre (PTC).
- Exceptional validity (the most important deciding factor when using psychometric tests!).
Languages & Administration
-Controlled or Supervised
Work-based Personality Traits Assessed by Identity®
- Social Presence
- Group Affiliation
- Variety Seeking
- Protocol Following
- Need to Win
- Risk Taking
- Self Agency
- General Anxiety
- Specific Anxiety
- Self Assured
Identity is unique in offering a total of 4 different response style scales. These scales offer an indication of the candidate’s approach to the test and the overall validity of a final profile.
Advantages of the Identity® Personality Assessment
Outputs from Identity® are objective in the sense that they are obtained using a robust and valid instrument that is administered via a standardized procedure.
Accurate Picture of the Person
The Identity® model of personality assessment has been developed rigorously using psychological models and expertise. Everyday models of how people behave tend to be formed on the basis of simpler, broader interpersonal perceptions that we tend to make of people during social encounters.
As Identity® scores are compared with a large professional group, the measurements are relative to other people.
Related to Work Performance
Part of the research undertaken to justify the validity of Identity® focuses on real behavior in the workplace. This research demonstrates that the profile not only provides an accurate picture of how people behave, but also how this is related to performance, leadership style, role in a team, etc.
Fairness & Equity
Identity® provides a platform for candidates to demonstrate a wider range of qualities and attributes. Some of these cannot always be measured by other means and may not be evident at interview.
Fast and Precise
Identity® was developed to be one of the most versatile and comprehensive personality tools available. It provides the sharpest and most concise measurement of personality, yet still only takes around 30 minutes to complete. Understanding and feedback is easier than with other questionnaires because Identity® scale labels relate directly to the meaning of the scale.
Online and Offline Administration
Identity® can be administered online or using traditional paper-and-pencil methodology – although nowadays, most of our clients opt for the online version.
Identity® Personality Assessment Reports
Identity® offers multiple personality reports. Unlike other personality test publishers, with Identity®, you pay once per candidate and can then generate each of the different reports at any point in time. The reports are:
- Talent Report – a comprehensive interpretation of personality, along with other useful information such as Leadership and Team preferences, Jungian Type, Emotional Focus and Learning Styles.
- Interview Report – useful for those interviewing candidates as it offers questions based on candidate’s profile.
- Onboarding New Talent Report – assists with information to be aware of when onboarding new team members on the basis of their Identity® Profile.
- Feedback Report (for respondents) – non-threatening language used to feedback and assist respondents in understanding their personality.
- Careers Report – for those offering careers advice to clients.
- Remote Working Report for Manager: Helps managers get the best out of themselves and the remote staff that they manage based on personality characteristics.
- Remote Working Report for Staff: Helps a remote-worker to make the best of their remote-work environment based on their personality characteristics.
Identity® Personality Assessment Sales Presentation
Sample Reports, Training Requirements & Next Steps
In order to use our Personality Assessments independently, you need to have a recognized certification in Personality Testing or the BPS Level 2 Personality Test User Qualification.
If you do not hold such qualifications, you may choose to enrol in our Online Identity® User Course or we can assist by either giving you access to only text-based bureau service reports, or via our Psychologist-on-Call™ service wherein our psychologists will manage the process for you and then call you to explain all reports.
We offer public Accreditation Training in Identity a number of times each year in Singapore and Hong Kong, as well as in-house Identity Questionnaire Accreditation in-person or online.
If you don’t have a certification to demonstrate competence in the use of personality tests for work decisions, you may opt for the Identity® Bureau Service (limited text-only reports), or our Psychologist-on-Call™ service for psychologist-supported assessment and full reporting.