PsyAsia International’s Psychometric Test Administration Course provides delegates with the ability to understand and competently practice the administration of ability, aptitude and personality assessments in organizational settings. Successful completion of this course leads to an internationally recognized certification from the British Psychological Society – the BPS Level 1 Assistant Test User Certification.
PsyAsia International was the first and is the longest established local provider of this course in Asia and we were also the first to offer an Online Psychometric Test Administration Course leading to the BPS Level 1 Assistant Test User Certification! Our Psychometric Test Administration Course delivered in-person in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and across Asia also allows successful delegates to apply to the British Psychological Society for the BPS Level 1 Assistant Test User Certificate.
Psychometric Test Administration Course Objectives
This foundation Level course equips participants to administer psychometric tests competently. It helps to ensure reliability and standardization in the process and provides participants with some basic advice on ethics and best practice.
- Provide the underpinning knowledge required to become a competent Test Administrator
- Develop the practical skills necessary to become a competent Test Administrator
- Explain the theory, principles and ethical considerations of psychometric testing
- Covey basic psychometric principles such as reliability and validity
- Train participants to administer, score and norm psychometric aptitude, ability and personality tests.
This Level does not provide participants with skills to interpret or feedback psychometric test results; it is purely aimed at facilitating competence in administering psychometric tests.
For those who need to be able to interpret psychometric test results, feed them back to candidates and decision-makers and write-up psychometric test reports, please consider our combined BPS Level 1 & 2 RQTU course.
Psychometric Test Administration Course Syllabus
- What is Occupational Testing
- Categories of Psychometric Tests
- Types of Maximum and Typical Performance Tests
- Preparation for Managed Test Administration
- Invitation Letters
- Introducing & Running the Test Session
- Test Logs
- Modes of Test Administration
- Managing Problems with Remote Testing
- Candidates with Disabilities
- Direct & Indirect Discrimination
- The Four-Fifth’s Rule
- Justifiable Adverse Impact
- UK Data Protection Act
- Hong Kong Personal Data Ordinance
- Singapore Personal Data Protection Act
Complimentary Online Learning for all Singapore & Hong Kong in-person Psychometric Test Administration Course Participants!
We are pleased to offer all in-person BPS Level 1 Course delegates COMPLIMENTARY access to our Online Psychometric Test Administration Course.
The Psychometric Test Administration Course is for anybody involved in human resource assessment who needs to administer psychometric tests. The nature of psychometric tests is such that their reliability and validity can be critically impacted by incorrect administration. It is for this reason that anybody administering psychometric tests or overseeing the administration of internet-based tests should be appropriately qualified.
BPS Level 1 Assistant Test User Certification
Upon successful completion of the Psychometric Test Administration Course, our psychologist facilitator will sign you off as competent in the Level 1 requirements and we shall pass your details on to the BPS. The BPS will contact you with an invoice for payment for your BPS Level 1 certification. You will also receive a certificate from PsyAsia International, signed by your Registered Psychologist course facilitator.
- 1 day
- Follows the BPS syllabus for this qualification.
- Presentations by experienced psychologist.
- Practical exercises with feedback.
- Practical assessments with feedback.
- Course workbook assignments and feedback.
- Online access to narrated course presentation videos and quizzes.
- Online learning center forums and chat.
- Courses at Client’s Venue: ✔
- Public Courses in Singapore: ✔
- Public Courses in Hong Kong: ✔
- Courses at Client’s Venue
– per facilitator availability
- Public Courses
– view currently available dates
Fees & Registration
- Please email us for all course fee enquiries as fees vary depending on current promotions, number of registrants and your particular requirements. If you are already aware of the current fee for this course, please click the image below to register now.
Award-winning Psychologist Facilitator
This course is facilitated by multi-award-winning Chartered Psychologist, Dr. Graham Tyler – the originator of regular BPS Level A and B training in Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong. Graham is a registered psychologist (Organisational Psychology & Clinical Neuropsychology) and executive director of PsyAsia International. His PhD thesis concentrated on psychometric assessment with particular emphasis on the validity of international and local models and measures of personality in Asia. In addition to his PhD, Graham holds a Masters in Organisational Psychology and a second Masters in Clinical Neuropsychology.
Graham was previously an MBA lecturer in HRM for the University of Leicester Dubai Campus, as well as MSc in HRM Lecturer for Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He divides his time between training and consultancy in applied organisational psychology on the one hand, and clinical neuropsychology on the other. He is a joint resident of Singapore and Hong Kong. He is a full member of the Australian Psychological Society, an Associate Fellow with the British Psychological Society and the Hong Kong Psychological Society, and holds Chartered Status with full membership of both the BPS Division of Occupational Psychology and Division of Neuropsychology.
Graham’s research with psychometric tools has been recognised by the BPS with their prestigious prize for Scientific Contribution to Organizational Psychology. His research has been published in international, peer-reviewed and professional journals, as well as numerous books. He is a reviewer for the Journal of Personality & Individual Differences and the annual SIOP Conference in the USA, as well as a supervisor for intern psychologists from Asian Universities.
There is nobody more qualified and based in Asia running this course!
Previous Psychometric Test Administration Course Participant's Feedback
Please additionally refer to the feedback from delegates on our combined BPS Level 1 & 2 RQTU Course.
All administrators should attend to know the do’s and don’ts.
Ministry of Defence
A good refreshing course; able to know and understand better the topics.
Chan Wai Fan
Ministry of Defence
It was simply the best!
Ministry of Defence
Good to better understand how to pick the suitable/appropriate tests.
The course provided the knowledge that I need that is relevant to my work.
Chai Siew Peng
Good introduction to psychometric test administration.
Ministry of Defence
LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
Training was informative, sleek and world class- just the right amount of knowledge that one needs to be able to digest. Thumbs up to PsyAsia
The Online Training for Test Administration was an ideal solution for me. The program was delivered by a very experienced facilitator, the content was substantial and doing it online allowed us to attend the course in an environment that we are already comfortable in. I would highly recommend this course to management who are looking for a unique yet effective training methodology.
Senior Performance Consultant
HRnet Performance Consulting
PsyAsia’s Online Psychometric Test Administration Course is very relevant to all recruiters who are involved in test administration. The speaker is very knowledgeable and you will learn a lot from him. Very approachable…its fun learning with PsyAsia.
Enrico I. Navea
National Guard Health Affairs
King Abdulaziz Medical City
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1- Really informatic course for those having no previous knowledge of psychometric testing
2- The delivery of course is done in very professional and easy to understand way.
3- The course has been very useful for me and now I’m very clear about how useful and important psychometric testing is in my profession.
Human Resource Executive
Bureau Veritas, S.A. Dubai Branch
The On-Line training can save our travelling time to learn some knowledge, interaction still remains as we can raise our hands for question. Quite good idea to have on-line training.
Senior Learning and Development Manager Chubb
The course was very informative.
Being able to attend training without having to leave my seat is great! The content was good.
We also asked our Online attendees what they liked best about the course – this is what they said:
- The presentation was very sleek and informative, the notes and points presented were just nice and of course Dr Graham was the apt person to conduct this training – simply world class.
- The facilitator was very knowledgeable.
Course outline was very well structured, and easy to follow albeit being an online training.
- Not having to leave my desk to attend the training – the convenience and time-saving makes it a good option. Training was interactive and would be even more so if everyone was prep-ed with headsets.
- My first time to attend an online course and I like all the presentation from Day 1 to Day 3.
- It was very precise. The Facilitator was very clear and he allowed interaction and not just try speed off.
- Course Delivery Method. Interaction of trainer with the students was very professional.
- Clear presentation, presenter is very supportive and he speaks with empathy.